
So it's interesting being here, at BYU, for school. First of all, beards are interesting characters. If you're unshaven, you're just scruffy, and that's just lazy. They don't hate you more, but amazingly enough people don't notice the scruff. However, if suddenly, you shave your neck, wow! Everyone can see that now he's got a beard, and must be done with his classes, because there's no reason he would risk growing the beard out otherwise.
That's about all I have to say about that. I'm really glad to be going home. I need to get out of Provo, I have a lot of good memories, but the place has just sort of haunted me this semester. I've walked around campus scared that I'll run into someone that I don't want to see. It's sad, I'll be glad to be in my own atmosphere - nobody here can touch me there. Unfortunately, I only know like two people there, and they're both guys. So I seriously am going to have a hard time finding fun -- if you know what I mean. Granted, I haven't had too much luck in the last little while, but I also haven't been trying very hard; no time and no money keep Sean out of trouble.
I'm really excited to go to Europe. I've been to Madrid, Paris, and Manchester, but I haven't even been anywhere long to need to recover from jet lag! I hope it all works out to actually spend two months there. It'll be a lot of fun. I'm actually just worried though that the two girls I'm going with cram so much stuff into the three weeks we'll be travelling together that I'll be too tired to go on after them. I'm flying into Lisbon, and from there Madrid, Paris, Stockholm, Oslo, Rome, and Athens. That's the entire continent practically! Most people take three months just to do half of that.
However, if I do manage to survive that portion of the trip, I'm going to go backpacking in Austria. That's going to be exciting. I'm having a hard time finding trail maps of the area, so if anyone knows of anything, please let me know.
Then, on to Disney World! I've always wanted to work there; right now, I'm planning as though I'll be accepted into the program, but I'm not sure yet. It may still be a couple of weeks. If I don't get accepted, then I suppose I'm coming back to provo in the fall. BOOOOO. My sister wants me to come back, "she'll miss me," but I really need to get out of here. I need to be consistent and stable in life, even if it's consistently instable, but there needs to be something, and for the last few months, I just haven't succeeded, so I need to change things up.
Interestingly enough, I really had a strong impression last fall that I needed to stay here for the Winter Term, but I don't understand why, now. It may not have been for me, it's quite possible that it was for someone else that I had to stay; it would be selfish of me to assume the one and arrogant to assume the other. I just don't know; now, H.F. has given me the go-ahead to get out of here, so I'm stoked. I hate the feeling of being tied down. It's frustrating, like I really don't have control of anything.

No comments:
Post a Comment